Wow, two months have flown by so fast! We are adjusting to life with three kids. Crazy to think that we have three. It is said that three is the hardest number--that four is actually easier than three. At this point I couldn't imagine adding another to our mix. In some ways it feels as though we only have two--and in many ways it feels as though we have four (Kai sometimes counts as two). When we have a nurse is when it feels like two. With the end of April comes the end of our bounteous respite hours. We will have a review to see how many we will qualify for for the next six months. Hopefully we can keep a majority of the hours we have now--I tell you, they have been much needed.
At two months, River has pretty good head control, and she smiles and coos. It is so fun. She will stare into our eyes as though she is memorizing our faces.
She is also alert for longer periods throughout the day, and because of that, going out has gotten tremendously harder. She will wake up while we are out and want out of her car seat, especially when we are grocery shopping. Consequently, shopping has become sort of a nightmare with a screaming baby to haul around. I have forgotten how hard shopping is with an infant. Oftentimes I will hold River in one arm and push the cart with the other. Ironically, those are the times when Zuri wants nothing to do with pushing the cart. Go figure. With Kai, I have a specific limited time that I can go shopping, and if it doesn't fit with River's schedule for that day, too bad (for all of us).
Overall, though, she is a really good baby. Quick to smile, and not too fussy. After the first month, she has not been colicky, which is a blessing. She has begun to form a good sleeping pattern at night. She will normally go down around 11:30, wake up around 3:00, be back asleep around 4:00, and wake back up for the day around 7:30. Not too shabby. She hasn't established a good day nap time routine yet, but part of that has been our chaotic days, so hopefully that will come!
No comments:
Post a Comment