
Our next stop was the Owakudani Nature trail at the Hakone volcano. We walked up the short path to and had onsen eggs. The eggs are boiled in the hot springs, which blackens the shell, and is said to add seven years to your life if you eat it. The onsen eggs tasted just like a regular hard-boiled egg--but hey, I just added seven years to my life! On a clear day, you can see Mount Fuji, but as you can see, it wasn't a clear day. In fact, I never did see Mount Fuji while I was in Japan, even though I was right at the base the next day!
 |
| Emily really wanted me to try some wasabi ice cream, so when she saw that they sold it, she bought some for me. It wasn't bad...mostly sweet with just a slight kick, but definitely not my favorite. Good to try once. |
No comments:
Post a Comment