In fact, I think Kai was in such a good mood that later in the evening after every one left, he laughed for us! J was tickling and playing with him and he opened his mouth and I swear he was laughing! I had never seen that look on his face before! I tried to get a picture of it, but the flash kept bugging him and he would stop. We haven't been able to get him to laugh again, but we are hopeful that this is just the beginning!
My sister is in from California and will be staying with us for a couple of weeks. She will be moving to Japan for a year (or more) to teach English on March 14th. We are really enjoying having her here, but I think Zuri is having the most fun with her. Zuri won't leave her aunt alone--completely ignoring J and me. In fact, any attempts I make to play with her are completely ignored in favor of "Emmy."
In other news, we were not approved for the ten hours of night nursing. We were less than six points away from making the cut, and since we have managed with eight hours the last two months with the ventilator, they said that we don't need the ten hours. Needless to say, we are disappointed, but still way excited for the respite hours to begin in March.
Since Kai has grown out of his car seat, we went out and got him a new one. He loves it and looks great in it! We have been using it as a chair inside until we can find something that will work. Kai still needs head support and a reclined position but has grown out of all the infant items. Our OT gave us some ideas of what we can get for him, so that will be our project this weekend--finding a good seat for Kai. :-)
It has been fun =) And still a little over a week to go =D
ReplyDeleteHey Bambi!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about you and wanted to check in on your sweet little family. Glad to see that Jeremy is making some good progress. He looks good! Cute as ever. Bummed about the 8 hours...and bugged. How they cannot see the need for 10 hours a night for your family is beyond me. Maybe you could just install a shower in the living room? :) Hugs to you guys. Keep being strong.
Seriously! Especially after nights like last night where the nurse didn't come at all! I definitely couldn't work off of so little sleep on a long-term basis. :-)
Delete