Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Overcoming Fear

11222011_1368
For as long as I can remember, we have had this porcelain doll sleeping on the moon hanging on Zuri's mirror in her room.  Zuri hasn't really paid much attention to it, except lately, where she has started to become increasingly afraid of it.  I am not sure why she has become afraid, but it has gotten to the point where she will skirt around her dresser to avoid the doll, and even make me take her out of her room.  She wouldn't touch it even with me holding it and her.  Finally, today I took the doll down and I have been getting her "acclimated" to it.  After some time, I was able to get her to hold it and now she is telling me how nice the doll is and that it is not scary.
Hooray for overcoming fears! 
11222011_1370

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with a fear of evil =P Creepy, evil dolls....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would say something like that! I thought about calling you to let you know you corrupted my daughter! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have; and a wariness of evil is healthy, not corruption ~.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously though, that doll creeps me out *shudder*

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews