Monday, September 12, 2011

Learning Sign

Thursday we began learning American Sign language so that we can begin communicating with Jeremy.  It is an exciting process, even if we won't see the results for several months.  We have been dealing with an early intervention program called Kids on the Move.  They are help us with such things as Kai's occupational therapy and learning how to sign.  It is a great program designed for kids before they reach school age.

We have a busy week ahead of us.  We have an appointment everyday this week, which is very stressful.  I dread the days in which I have to take Kai to appointments.  He does not handle getting out very well at all.  Wish me luck this next week--I need it!

Our first stop this week is Audiology.  It was a three-hour visit, in which they will did one last ABR in each ear before getting him fitted for hearing aids.  The goal is to get him hearing most--if not all--speech sounds.  He had his molds done for his hearing aids today, and we will go back October 4th for them!  I am so excited to have him be able to hear us!  I cannot wait!

Kai did really well in the car today--both to and from the appointment.  It is the first time that I have not had to pull over and suction him/fix his oxygen and trach nose.  Hopefully the rest of the week will go as smoothly! 

baby-sign-language

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews