It's almost night and day difference in Kai since his surgery. He still has his fussy days, but overall, he is back to being a happy go-lucky boy. He is still ambivalent about the puppy, but he's becoming more interested in her. He even reached out to touch her--which is a big deal. He stopped sucking on his fingers and stretched out his arm to her, and kept it there long enough for me to get a couple pictures.
He is very particular with the things he will and won't touch. Almost everything is on his "no touch" list, but he does enjoy reaching out and touching my tablet briefly--just enough to mess with my games. ;-)

I love the awareness that he is showing with his immediate environment. I also love that he is beginning to explore. It's small things like he will put his hand on mine for several seconds. If I try to hold his hand, he will pull away, but if I allow him to rest his hand on mine then he will keep it there. The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke. The next time I realized it wasn't and it brought tears to my eyes. My little boy was reaching out--to me.
Small things that make huge differences.
No comments:
Post a Comment