Monday, August 19, 2013

Doctor in Training?

DSC04137

It really wouldn't surprise me if Zuri goes into the medical field when she grows up.  She loves to listen to her heart and lungs with the stethoscope, and she will practice on anyone that will let her.  She is fascinated with the blood flow in the body, and delights in telling people at random times all about it.  She wants to know 'why why why' and how things work, and all about the baby's growth.  I show her the pictures of a baby at each stage so she can see how the baby develops inside me.  Right now she says the baby has a "weird head" but each week she wants to see the changes as the baby looks more and more like a person.  

She can also be incredibly sweet and gentle with Kai, oftentimes when I am not "paying attention."  The picture below is a perfect example.  I caught her holding his hand while he was sleeping, and she was talking to him in a low voice.  I couldn't quite hear what she was saying, but I was able to get this picture before she noticed me.  She will also give him spontaneous hugs.  Most of the time, though, she pretty much ignores him, but is quick to tell me when he something is going on with him (ie upset, coughing, laughing, talking, spitting up, etc.  She knows how to silence his alarms (and when something is really wrong), although she usually leaves that up to us and only does it when we give her permission to do so.  I find her maturity in regards to Kai's equipment quite amazing.  

DSC04135

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews